Demeanour, Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required
The ideal candidate’s demeanour and approach to life and work should be as follows:
- Biscuit-loving, fun-loving, optimistic, innovative, energetic, aspirational, tech-savvy, and eager to learn with a hearty zest for life, specifically humble, open, fearless and yet possessing a little edge to think and go out of the box;
- A good listener, trustworthy, reliable, honest, accountable, collegial, well-groomed and professional;
- Proactive, resourceful, detail oriented, well-organized, self-directed, and able to thrive in high-pressure situations;
- Appreciative and respectful of diverse cultures, abilities, genders, and different worldly belief systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Maintaining the IT infrastructure, system implementation and application support which includes software and hardware, and to assist HOD on all IT related matters for Julie’s group of company, not limited to Julie’s Manufacturing Sdn. Bhd., Julie’s Marketing Sdn. Bhd., Plantani Food Industries Sdn. Bhd.
- Ensuring the IT infrastructure including data center, networking, IT security system, server, storage, CCTV and VM system are functioning well and accurately.
- Ensuring the data backup process is working well and accurately.
- Coordinating and assisting the users in ERP system and other applications.
- Ensuring that the computer hardware and software are in good functional conditions at all times and providing general systems support.
- Maintaining IT inventory and maintain good IT technical documentation.
- Liaising with vendor for any problems encountered or improvement suggestion raised by the users.
- Assisting to understand the Company’s business and implement the IT systems that could help the Company to achieve its business objectives
- Other responsibilities as assigned by his/her superior and/or the Company.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Possess at least Diploma in IT or Computer Science or equivalent, with at least 3 years related working experience, preferably in manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and hand-on of VMware and NAS/SAN.
- Knowledge of backup, recovery and replication solutions.
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft 365, networking, firewall and Endpoint protection.
- Familiar with Structured Query Language (SQL) & any programming language.
- Good troubleshooting skills on Windows system, VMware, NAS/SAN & backup.
- Familiar with PC troubleshooting.
- Strong people management and communication skill, able to communicate effectively with all levels of employees in the organization.
- Good time management, project management, planning, analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Good multi-tasking skills and able to anticipate numerous assignments simultaneously while maintaining a positive work attitude.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also as team player where frequent collaboration across functional teams is necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, good collaboration skills and attitudes.
- Positive thinking and able to work under pressure.
- Ability to lead and supervise a small team.
- To be based in Alor Gajah, Melaka.
- Willing to travel and possession of own transport is preferred.