Demeanour, Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required
The ideal candidate’s demeanour and approach to life and work should be as follows:
- Biscuit-loving, fun-loving, optimistic, innovative, energetic, aspirational, tech-savvy, and eager to learn with a hearty zest for life, specifically humble, open, fearless and yet possessing a little edge to think and go out of the box;
- A good listener, trustworthy, reliable, honest, accountable, collegial, well-groomed and professional;
- Proactive, resourceful, detail oriented, well-organized, self-directed, and able to thrive in high-pressure situations;
- Appreciative and respectful of diverse cultures, abilities, genders, and different worldly belief systems.
We are looking for a dedicated Application Developer to work with users and vendors to maintain, support, develop and deploy applications systems. It includes ERP, applications system, data warehouse & database administration. If you’re passionate about creating high-quality applications and working as part of a collaborative team, we’d love to hear from you.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- To maintain, support, develop & deploy ERP, application system, data warehouse & database administration.
- To align with corporate policies, performance, reliability, maintainability, portability, security, and usability.
- Responsible to analyse user requirements, high level design, coding development, system integration test, user acceptance test, deployment roll out, supporting users, documentation and provides mentor training to application team colleagues on supporting applications.
- To collaborate with colleagues to maintain & support application system.
- To liaise with vendor on ERP, application system, data warehouse, databases for any system related issue and follow up until ticket closure.
- To administer database and its backup recovery strategies, security authentication & authorization, user profiling & performance tuning.
- To involve in application project development to assists to meet timeline & objectives with allocated resources available.
- Work independently in a team with little supervision.
- To stay up to date with the latest development in programming languages, tools & frameworks. To evaluate and propose the appropriate technologies advancements for enhancing company application system.
- Work as data analytic role to assists to build a user analytic community to improve productivity and operational efficiency.
- Undertaking any and all other duties and responsibilities as so instructed by the superior and/or Company.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Possess at least Diploma/Degree/Master in IT/Computer Science or equivalent, with at least 5 years related working experience, preferably in manufacturing environment.
- Well verse in ERP Sales / Inventory / Finance / Manufacturing & Production Shopfloor modules.
- Proficiency on SQL server programming, which is not limited to SQL stored procedures, functions, views, schemas, SSIS & SQL server agent scheduler.
- Strong in application development with database of Access / SQL Server / DB2 and performance optimization.
- Exposure in ERP MOVEX M3/ SYSPRO Development is an added advantage.
- Knowledge in AS400 DB2 administration is an added advantage.
- Knowledge in data warehouse framework & design methodology is an added advantage.
- Related professional certification is an added advantage.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented and able to identify and solve programming error quickly.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology, analyse current business operations to suggest process improvements.
- To be based in Alor Gajah, Melaka.
- To possess own transport and be expected to travel.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email for an interview.