Demeanour, Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required
The ideal candidate’s demeanour and approach to life and work should be as follows:
- Biscuit-loving, fun-loving, optimistic, innovative, energetic, aspirational, tech-savvy, and eager to learn with a hearty zest for life, specifically humble, open, fearless and yet possessing a little edge to think and go out of the box.
- A good listener, trustworthy, reliable, honest, accountable, collegial, well-groomed and professional.
- Proactive, resourceful, detail oriented, well-organized, self-directed, and able to thrive in high-pressure situations.
- Appreciative and respectful of diverse cultures, abilities, genders, and different worldly belief systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the entire sales by leading, managing and providing field sales training to the sales team to drive revenue growth and achieve sales target set.
- Monitoring and assisting sales team regarding DSO/debt collection and resolving long outstanding where applicable.
- Conducting market research to identify selling possibilities and evaluate customer needs.
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and social media.
- Preparing and delivering appropriate presentations on products and services.
- Creating frequent reviews and reports with sales for top management and field managers whenever required.
- Negotiating/closing deals and handling complaints or objections.
- Collaborating with team members to achieve better results.
- Gathering feedback from customers or prospects and sharing it with internal teams.
- Studying closely the current market trends for our products and identifying enhancements.
- Creating regular sales reports and reviews for top management and superiors when required.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by superior and Company.
Qualifications and Skills Required
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Possess at least a Diploma or Degree in Management/ Marketing/ Mass Communication/ Business Administration or equivalent, with at least 3 years’ experience in the FMCG industry, preferably the food & beverages industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, Bahasa Malaysia and Mandarin.
- Strong desire to deliver results, self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Fast learner, quick thinker and passionate about sales
- Proactive, self-starter, organized, able to prioritize and thrive in high-pressure situations and meeting deadlines.
- Willing to learn, constructive, ability to problem solve and ‘make things happen.
- Independently with minimal supervision and also be a good team player with strong interpersonal skills where frequent collaboration across functional teams or companies is necessary.
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, trustworthy, reliable, energetic, honest, accountable, well-groomed and well-maintained professional image.
- Computer literate, proficient with Microsoft Office, other relevant software and application.
- Possess own transport.