Demeanour, Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required
The ideal candidate’s demeanour and approach to life and work should be as follows:
- Biscuit-loving, fun-loving, optimistic, innovative, energetic, aspirational, tech-savvy, and eager to learn with a hearty zest for life, specifically humble, open, fearless and yet possessing a little edge to think and go out of the box;
- A good listener, trustworthy, reliable, honest, accountable, collegial, well-groomed and professional;
- Proactive, resourceful, detail oriented, well-organized, self-directed, and able to thrive in high-pressure situations;
- Appreciative and respectful of diverse cultures, abilities, genders, and different worldly belief systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- To conduct quality inspections / audits for oven products, sandwiching, wrapping, packing and semi-finished goods in accordance to the Inspection & Test Plan and feedback to superior immediately in case of non-conformance incident.
- To verify the production and expiry date of every activity carried out.
- To carry out moisture test and metal detector auditing.
- To verify the quantity of rejected biscuits and fresh dough every shift.
- To carry out non-conforming biscuits samplings and handling, when necessary.
- To put on hold the products that do not conform to the specification, when necessary.
- To ensure the retention sample is collected per shift.
- To report all the quality and food safety defects to her superior.
- To set standard weight of wrapped products for checkweigher before wrapping process.
- Undertaking any and all other duties and responsibilities as so instructed by the superior and/or Company.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Possess at least a Diploma in relevant discipline, preferably in Food Science, Food Technology, Food Study or Science Discipline. Or Minimum SPM or equivalent with at least 2 years of working experience in food related field.
- Able to work independently with little or minimal supervision.
- Positive thinking, thorough, flexible and have good time management skill.
- Good people management skills and able to communicate effectively with all level of employees in the organization.
- Computer-literate and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- To be based in Alor Gajah, Melaka would be an added advantage.
- To possess own transport.