Demeanour, Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required
The ideal candidate’s demeanour and approach to life and work should be as follows:
- Biscuit-loving, fun-loving, optimistic, innovative, energetic, aspirational, tech-savvy, and eager to learn with a hearty zest for life, specifically humble, open, fearless and yet possessing a little edge to think and go out of the box;
- A good listener, trustworthy, reliable, honest, accountable, collegial, well-groomed and professional;
- Proactive, resourceful, detail oriented, well-organized, self-directed, and able to thrive in high-pressure situations;
- Appreciative and respectful of diverse cultures, abilities, genders, and different worldly belief systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Serving as part of higher management, the right candidate is expected to contribute to operational planning with particular attention to forecasting of labour demand and supply, in addition to talent management, employee engagement, improving workplace culture and employer branding.
The successful candidate will
- Spearhead HR strategic planning for Julie’s group of companies;
- Empower all employer and employee branding touchpoints, for internal and external communication, in alignment and collaboration with all other departments;
- Develop and implement the Julie’s Culture Deck, for employee engagement and employer branding;
- Maintain and improve all HR processes for HR department to function as a strategic arm of the group;
- Design, develop and implement efficiently all HR SOPs;
- Spearhead real-time labour management needs for factory operations;
- Ensure the talent management processes from pre-recruitment to training and development are strongly carried out;
- Develop and manage Julie’s intranet, HR software systems, LinkedIn page and presence.
- Communicate clearly HR strategies and initiatives company wide.
- Oversee the performance management process and provide regular review to performance management processes.
- Undertake salary and benefits administration and review.
- Undertake any and all other duties and responsibilities as so instructed by the superior and/or Company
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource or relevant degree or certification, with minimum 5 years of working experience in the related field and with at least 2 year managerial experience.
- Good solid knowledge of human resource management.
- Sound knowledge and experience in copywriting and copyediting is an added advantage.
- High proficiency in English and Malay, while good command of Mandarin is an added advantage.
- Strong presentation, counselling, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also be a good team player where frequent collaboration across functional teams is necessary.
- Strong organizational and people management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to facilitate the implementation of organisational changes and motivate others to effect changes efficiently.
- Strategic thinking, forward thinking and think outside the box.
- Change management skills and keen in learning new concepts and knowledge.
- Firm but courteous, ethical and have integrity.
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skill.
- Computer literate, proficient with Microsoft Office, other relevant software and application.
- To be based in Alor Gajah, Melaka.