The ideal candidate’s demeanour and approach to life and work should be as follows:
- Biscuit-loving, fun-loving, optimistic, innovative, energetic, aspirational, tech-savvy, and eager to learn with a hearty zest for life, specifically humble, open, fearless and yet possessing a little edge to think and go out of the box;
- A good listener, trustworthy, reliable, honest, accountable, collegial, well-groomed and professional;
- Proactive, resourceful, detail oriented, well-organized, self-directed, and able to thrive in high-pressure situations;
- Appreciative and respectful of diverse cultures, abilities, genders, and different worldly belief systems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Mainly overseeing the daily warehouse operations and administration, and inventory management.
- Managing the operations and facilities of the warehouse to ensure proper receiving, storage and timely transfer of goods to customers.
- Ensuring proper control of inventory and minimise the stock variance.
- Ensuring the movement of stocks are recorded accurately and effectively.
- Planning and maximizing the use of space and storage areas in the warehouse.
- Interacting with the transporter to meet required date of delivery.
- Identifying slow-moving products and reporting to the superior on a monthly basis.
- Preparing quarterly reports on inventory to superiors.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of warehouse, forklift, reach truck and lorry.
- Ensuring the warehouse, forklift, reach truck and lorry are well maintained.
- Ensuring proper safety and security awareness to avoid pilferage and loss of material in warehouse.
- Constantly identifying and reviewing the work areas and processes for improvement.
- Ensuring all operations and processes are carried out according to the Company’s system certification such as FSSC 22000, ISO 9001, ISO22000, ISO 45001. HACCP, GMP, Halal Assurance System, Supply Chain Security requirements and etc.
- Ensuring subordinates carry out their responsibilities efficiently and effectively.
- Conducting continuous training for all employees in the factory.
- Undertaking any and all other duties and responsibilities as so instructed by the superior and/or Company.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- At least possess Bachelors’ Degree in the related discipline with at least 3 years of related working experience, preferably in manufacturing environment; or equivalent a combination of education and at least 5 years of related working experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of supply chain management, warehouse management system, inventory control management, global transportation services and distribution methods is an added advantage.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Good time management and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter attitude, attention to details, able to learn and adapt quickly.
- Ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills and able interact with people at all levels.
- Computer literate, good Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables and proficiency in Microsoft Office, other relevant software and application.
- To possess own transport.
- To be based in Alor Gajah, Melaka.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email for an interview.