Demeanour, Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required
The ideal candidate’s demeanour and approach to life and work should be as follows:
- Biscuit-loving, fun-loving, optimistic, innovative, energetic, aspirational, tech-savvy, and eager to learn with a hearty zest for life, specifically humble, open, fearless and yet possessing a little edge to think and go out of the box;
- A good listener, trustworthy, reliable, honest, accountable, collegial, well-groomed and professional;
- Proactive, resourceful, detail oriented, well-organized, self-directed, and able to thrive in high-pressure situations;
- Appreciative and respectful of diverse cultures, abilities, genders, and different worldly belief systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Handling full set of accounts for companies under Julie’s group.
- Drafting monthly management report.
- Compiling all the documents of tax computation.
- Checking and updating on bank reconciliation.
- Handling SST submission.
- Updating fixed asset register.
- Updating monthly currency rate in ERP System.
- Updating product selling price list.
- Checking and verifying payment voucher and petty cash voucher.
- Checking and verifying the data entry for petty cash and payment voucher.
- Dealing with external auditor during year end statutory audit.
- Dealing with tax agent for yearly tax submission.
- Dealing with Insurance agent for policy renewal and insurance claims submission.
- Undertaking any and all other duties and responsibilities as so instructed by the superior and/or Company.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- At least possess Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent professional qualifications (e.g. ACCA /CPA), with at least 2 years related working experience in manufacturing environment preferably be a member of MIA.
- Be able to handle full set of accounts, with knowledge on advance book keeping accounting standard, product costing and tax computation.
- A flare for numbers, good problem-solving, analytical and numerical abilities are crucial.
- Keep abreast of changes in regulation and legislation of government and industry development.
- Growth mindset, able to learn and adapt quickly.
- Good organizational, multitasking, analytical and interpersonal skills, self-motivation, commercial awareness, initiative and proactive.
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision and also as team player where frequent collaboration across functional teams is necessary.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and able to communicate effectively with all level of employees in the organization.
- Be able to work well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and have a very positive work attitude including willing to work some longer hours during peak periods.
- Computer literate, good Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables and proficiency in Microsoft Office, other relevant software and application.
- Knowledge of ERP or Movex system is an added advantage.
- Primarily work in an office environment and to be based in Alor Gajah, Melaka.
- Be expected to travel as needed to company subsidiaries.