Demeanour, Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required
The ideal candidate’s demeanour and approach to life and work should be as follows:
- Biscuit-loving, fun-loving, optimistic, innovative, energetic, aspirational, tech-savvy, and eager to learn with a hearty zest for life, specifically humble, open, fearless and yet possessing a little edge to think and go out of the box;
- A good listener, trustworthy, reliable, honest, accountable, collegial, well-groomed and professional;
- Proactive, resourceful, detail oriented, well-organized, self-directed, and able to thrive in high-pressure situations;
- Appreciative and respectful of diverse cultures, abilities, genders, and different worldly belief systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Collaborating across functional teams to manage new product development pipeline from conceptual to commercialisation, and ensuring the products are launched on time.
- Collaborating with procurement department to source for ingredients required.
- Setting the internal quality standards of ingredient.
- Carrying out statistical analysis for product monitoring.
- Preparing and safekeeping all products related documents.
- Replying and attending to inquiry related to products specifications.
- Updating the required products information in the system.
- Ensuring our products are in compliance with all necessary requirements through product and process monitoring and optimization.
- Ensuring effective implementation, addressing and meeting the policies and objectives set by various management system in the Company.
- Undertaking any and all other duties and responsibilities as so instructed by the superior and/or Company.
Qualifications and Skills Required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Possess at least a Bachelor’ Degree in relevant discipline, preferably in Food Science, Food Technology, Food Study, Nutrition or Science Discipline or demonstrated equivalent professional experience. Preference will be given to a candidate with two (2) years of working experience in food related research and development or in the related field.
- Basic practical knowledge of product development, preferably in the field of commercializing mass volume of biscuits or other similar bakery products.
- Basic knowledge on the baking technology, the functions and regulatory requirements of raw materials.
- A passion for the food and biscuits industry. Driven to take on new challenges, and willing to accept constructive feedback and able to perform challenging tasks given at any time.
- Creative thinking and can bring fresh ideas to the table, ability to embrace innovation and creativity in terms of raw materials and technological advancement for the new product development.
- Strong and clear demonstration of self-confidence and self-starter attitude.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also be a good team player where frequent collaboration across functional teams is necessary.
- Good organisational skills, time management skill, reliable, attention to details, problem solving and positive thinking.
- Good interpersonal skill, good communication skills and able to communicate effectively with all level of employees in the organization.
- Computer literate, proficient with Microsoft Office, other relevant software and application.
- To be based in Alor Gajah, Melaka.
- To possess own transport.