Demeanour, Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required
The ideal candidate’s demeanour and approach to life and work should be as follows:
- Biscuit-loving, fun-loving, optimistic, innovative, energetic, aspirational, tech-savvy, and eager to learn with a hearty zest for life, specifically humble, open, fearless and yet possessing a little edge to think and go out of the box;
- A good listener, trustworthy, reliable, honest, accountable, collegial, well-groomed and professional;
- Proactive, resourceful, detail oriented, well-organized, self-directed, and able to thrive in high-pressure situations;
- Appreciative and respectful of diverse cultures, abilities, genders, and different worldly belief systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Overseeing ingredients weighing/ preparation activities including manpower planning, technical/maintenance services and quality control to meet the requirements.
- Acquiring sound technical knowledge on equipment maintenance, utensils, processes and ingredients.
- Maintaining good raw material stock balance.
- Securing documents and maintaining the integrity of traceability system.
- Maintaining optimum working condition in terms of overall cleanliness and safety.
- Recommending improvements for weighing processes and equipment performance to increase efficiency of the assigned tasks.
- Ensuring effective implementation of requirements stipulated by halal assurance system, quality management system, food safety management system, and occupational health and safety management system.
- Taking action to identify root causes of quality issues as well as addressing them with effective corrective actions.
- Ensuring workplace safety, providing continuous training and recommending solutions related to safety issues.
- Communicating company core values and policies to Minor Ingredient Division workers.
- Ensuring premixes’ quality specifications and safety are consistently met.
- Assisting Product Research Division in product development process.
- Undertaking any and all other duties and responsibilities as so instructed by the superior and/or Company.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Possess at least a Bachelor’ Degree in relevant discipline.
- Preference will be given to a candidate with two (2) years of working experience in premix preparation environment or in the related field, in a manufacturing environment preferably in the field of commercializing mass volume of biscuits or other similar bakery products.
- Basic knowledge on food processing and raw material handling will be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in people management, able to facilitate the implementation of organisational changes and motivate others to effect changes efficiently.
- Strong and clear demonstration of self-confidence and self-starter attitude.
- Good organisation skills, time management skill, reliable, attention to details, problem solving and positive thinking.
- Good interpersonal skill and able to work well with people.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also be a good team player where frequent collaboration across functional teams is necessary.
- Good communication skills and able to communicate effectively with all level of employees in the organization.
- Computer literate, proficient with Microsoft Office suite and other relevant software or application.
- To work in shift.
- To be based in Alor Gajah, Melaka.
- To possess own transport.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email for an interview.