Demeanour, Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required
The ideal candidate’s demeanour and approach to life and work should be as follows:
- Biscuit-loving, fun-loving, optimistic, innovative, energetic, aspirational, tech-savvy, and eager to learn with a hearty zest for life, specifically humble, open, fearless and yet possessing a little edge to think and go out of the box;
- A good listener, trustworthy, reliable, honest, accountable, collegial, well-groomed and professional;
- Proactive, resourceful, detail oriented, well-organized, self-directed, and able to thrive in high-pressure situations;
- Appreciative and respectful of diverse cultures, abilities, genders, and different worldly belief systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the safety and overall cleanliness of QA Laboratory and WWTP.
- Ensuring all the physical, chemical and microbiological analyses are conducted accordingly by QA Laboratory including end product shelf-life study.
- Compiling / reviewing all the laboratory reports and documents.
- Ensuring the quality and food safety of the raw materials and packaging materialsused.
- Maintaining a complete set of specifications, test reports and declaration letters from all the applicable raw / packaging materials’ suppliers.
- Coordinating and implementing calibration control (including adjustment) for themeasuring and testing equipment.
- Ensuring the food-safety verification activities are conducted according to schedule e.g. raw / packaging materials & finished products testing, plant hygiene monitoring program, sanitation audit etc.
- Ensuring the proper implementation of the pest control program
- Ensuring the timely issuance of the internal COA requested by the customers oragents.
- Providing the external laboratory test reports requested by the customers or agents.
- Ensuring the smoothness of the WWTP operations and the proper management of scheduled waste in order to comply with the legal regulations.
- Issuing Service Order (SO) for laboratory, pest control and WWTP services
- Conducting audits to related departments and supplier when necessary
- Carrying out necessary studies relevant to raw materials, packaging materials, laboratory testing methods etc.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by his superior in his department.
Qualifications and Skills Required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Possess at least a Bachelor’ Degree in relevant discipline, preferably in Food Science, Food Technology, Food Study or Science Discipline, and experience in quality assurance would be an added advantage.
- Familiar with related regulatory requirements e.g. food safety, quality and environment.
- Knowledge and/or experience in laboratory testing.
- Knowledge and/or experience in related field and HACCP/ GMP/ FSSC 22000/ ISO 9001 etc would be an added advantage.
- Able to work quite independently with little or minimal supervision
- Good analytical, problem solving, decision making and assertive skill.
- Positive thinking, thorough, flexible and have good time management skill.
- Good people management skills and able to communicate effectively with all level of employees in the organization.
- Computer-literate and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- To be based in Alor Gajah, Melaka would be an added advantage.
- To possess own transport.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email for an interview.