Demeanour, Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required
The ideal candidate’s demeanour and approach to life and work should be as follows:
- Biscuit-loving, fun-loving, optimistic, innovative, energetic, aspirational, tech-savvy, and eager to learn with a hearty zest for life, specifically humble, open, fearless and yet possessing a little edge to think and go out of the box;
- A good listener, trustworthy, reliable, honest, accountable, collegial, well-groomed and professional;
- Proactive, resourceful, detail oriented, well-organized, self-directed, and able to thrive in high-pressure situations;
- Appreciative and respectful of diverse cultures, abilities, genders, and different worldly belief systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing administrative support to ensure Company’s office operations and the general administration run smoothly and efficiently.
- Arranging in-house guard deployment and ensuring the security of the factories.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of factory compound, offices, canteen, washrooms, meeting rooms, fitness room, staff hostels, Company’s vehicles and other Company’s facilities. This includes ensuring the common touchpoints, public areas and Company’s vehicles are sanitised regularly in times of COVID-19 pandemic as well as updating and keeping the sanitisation records accordingly.
- Arranging and managing despatch, driver-related services, Company’s cars and transportation for work purposes.
- Arranging the maintenance of Company’s facilities including hostels and Company’s vehicles according to the SOPs and managing inventory of Company’s facilities including conducting a regular stock take.
- Ensuring the Company’s licenses, vehicle insurance and road tax are renewed in a timely manner.
- Arranging and managing booking requests of meeting rooms and Company’s cars according to the SOPs.
- Making accommodations and flight reservations for the employees and visitors.
- Safeguarding and keeping the office and hostel keys.
- Checking and processing staff reimbursement claims according to the handbook and SOPs.
- Checking and processing staff business name card requisition.
- Preparing and providing internal training for General Administration team members.
- Handling internal and external audits and ensuring audit findings and non-conformance to be closed in a timely manner.
- Assisting in dealing and liaising with government departments and contractors for works carried out within factory compounds and hostels related to landscaping, waste collector, canteen, etc.
- Assisting in organizing Company’s major functions and events.
- Assisting in the work arrangement of factory visits.
- Undertaking any and all other duties and responsibilities as so instructed by the superior and/or Company.
Qualifications and Skills Required
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- A least possess a Bachelor’ Degree in Business Studies/ Administration/ International Business/ Management or equivalent, with at least 2 years of working experience in relevant field,
- Strong ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also be a good team player where frequent collaboration across functional teams is necessary.
- Strong and clear demonstration of self-confidence, self-starter attitude, positive attitude and outgoing.
- Good interpersonal skill and able to work well with people.
- Good organisation skills, leadership skills, time management skills, multi-tasking skills and problem solving skills.
- Proactive, reliable, attention to details.
- Good people management skills, able to facilitate the implementation of organisational changes and motivate others to effect changes efficiently.
- Good communication skills and able to communicate effectively with all level of employees in the organization.
- Computer literate, proficient with Microsoft Office suite and other relevant software or
- Occasionally to work long hours and on the off days as and when required.
- To be based in Alor Gajah, Melaka.
- To possess own transport.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email for an interview.