Demeanour, Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required
The ideal candidate’s demeanour and approach to life and work should be as follows:
- Biscuit-loving, fun-loving, optimistic, innovative, energetic, aspirational, tech-savvy, and eager to learn with a hearty zest for life, specifically humble, open, fearless and yet possessing a little edge to think and go out of the box;
- A good listener, trustworthy, reliable, honest, accountable, collegial, well-groomed and professional;
- Proactive, resourceful, detail oriented, well-organized, self-directed, and able to thrive in high-pressure situations;
- Appreciative and respectful of diverse cultures, abilities, genders, and different worldly belief systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- All purchasing matters of raw material or packaging material.
- Calculating the material required for production planning.
- Sourcing for new potential suppliers and materials.
- Requesting samples from suppliers and following up on the material approval process.
- Conducting the supplier audit and survey when necessary.
- Preparing report for non-conforming quality.
- Continuously sourcing for cost effectiveness and possible cost saving.
- Assisting in the supplier evaluation.
- Assisting and supporting senior executives and other procurement affairs.
- Undertaking any and all other duties and responsibilities as so instructed by the superior and/or Company.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- A least possess a Bachelor’ Degree in Business Studies/ Administration/ International Business/ Economics or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of working experience in the purchasing field and material requirement planning in the manufacturing industry would be preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience in HACCP/ GMP/ FSSC 22000/ ISO 9001/ Halal, Incoterms, Malaysia Customs Act would be an added advantage.
- Strong ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and also be a good team player where frequent collaboration across functional teams is necessary.
- Good analytical, problem solving, decision making, leadership skills and assertive skill.
- Reliable, thorough attention to details and price conscious.
- Positive thinking, flexible and proactive.
- Good time management skill and able to work under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skill and able to work well with people.
- Good communication skills and able to communicate effectively with all level of employees in the organization.
- Computer literate, proficient with Microsoft Office suite and other relevant software or application.
- To be based in Alor Gajah, Melaka.
- To possess own transport.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email for an interview.