Demeanour, Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required
The ideal candidate’s demeanour and approach to life and work should be as follows:
- Biscuit-loving, fun-loving, optimistic, innovative, energetic, aspirational, tech-savvy, and eager to learn with a hearty zest for life, specifically humble, open, fearless and yet possessing a little edge to think and go out of the box;
- A good listener, trustworthy, reliable, honest, accountable, collegial, well-groomed and professional;
- Proactive, resourceful, detail oriented, well-organized, self-directed, and able to thrive in high-pressure situations;
- Appreciative and respectful of diverse cultures, abilities, genders, and different worldly belief systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Responding to company initiatives by driving new products to meet customer needs.
- Executing the product development plan and deliver the projects on time.
- Providing input and key support in new product development plan.
- Working collaboratively across product and functional groups to manage and monitor packaging evaluation.
- Managing product information such as improvements, new application and product obsolescence.
- Involving in new and revamped product concept brainstorming meetings.
- Monitoring the interdepartmental artwork checking process flow.
- Preparing and update Product and Packaging Specification.
- Researching and gathering competitive insight on packaging.
- Undertaking any and all other duties and responsibilities as so instructed by the superior and/or Company.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Possess at least a minimum Diploma or Bachelors’ Degree in Marketing, Business related or equivalent.
- Preference will be given to a candidate with relevant working experience.
- Knowledge in graphic design and possess any equivalent certification is a strong plus.
- Be creative, innovative and strong sense of arts.
- Strong attention to details.
- Good planning, time management, scheduling and multi-tasking skills
- Good interpersonal, coordinating and communication skills.
- Able to anticipate heavy workload and issues during peak periods to meet close deadlines while maintaining a positive work attitude.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision and also as team player where frequent collaboration across functional teams is necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Malay, and Chinese is an added advantage.
- Computer literate, proficient with Microsoft Office, other relevant software and application.
- Willing to work in Alor Gajah, Melaka.
- Willing to travel and possess own transport