Demeanour, Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required
The ideal candidate’s demeanour and approach to life and work should be as follows:
- Biscuit-loving, fun-loving, optimistic, innovative, energetic, aspirational, tech-savvy, and eager to learn with a hearty zest for life, specifically humble, open, fearless and yet possessing a little edge to think and go out of the box;
- A good listener, trustworthy, reliable, honest, accountable, collegial, well-groomed and professional;
- Proactive, resourceful, detail oriented, well-organized, self-directed, and able to thrive in high-pressure situations;
- Appreciative and respectful of diverse cultures, abilities, genders, and different worldly belief systems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Mainly developing new products and implementing marketing strategies for the Company.
- Ensuring new products are launched periodically and as planned.
- Working with inter-departments and coordinating within the departments to manage works and duties as required by its role.
- Ensuring the implementation of marketing activities are executed as per planned and smoothly.
- Preparing product documentation and marketing presentations.
- Conducting monthly periodic report and analysis as required and marketing strategies where necessary.
- Managing agencies, partnerships, collaborations and cross-functional partners as needed.
- Writing statement and press release for the launch and promotion of products for media channels.
- Overseeing the communications and budget for campaigns or projects.
- Overseeing the activities of marketing teams to ensure assigned tasks and set goals are achieved.
- Mentoring team members to ensure alignment of the deliverables in the team.
- Assisting to conduct consumer and market research activities.
- Undertaking any and all other duties and responsibilities as so instructed by the superior and/or Company.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- 1. Possess at least a minimum Bachelors’ Degree in Marketing/ Customer Relations Management/ Mass Communication/ Commerce/ Business Administration or other related discipline with at least 3 years related working experiences and/or training.
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior customer service and customer relations management experience.
- Knowledge and experience in branding, marketing, digital marketing, social media marketing, other marketing tools, Photoshop, photography, videography, customer service and customer relationship management would be an added advantage.
- A passion for the food and biscuits industry. Driven to take on new challenges and able to perform challenging tasks given at any time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Malay. Knowledge of Mandarin is an advantage.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, decision-making capability and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and also as team player where frequent collaboration across functional teams is necessary.
- Good copywriting skill and strong attention to detail.
- Creative thinking, able to express ideas, strategies and bring fresh ideas to the table.
- Pleasant personality and good interpersonal skills with leadership ability.
- Dedicated, self-started, self-motivating attitude.
- Highly versatile and able to anticipate heavy workload during peak periods to meet close deadlines while maintaining a positive work attitude.
- Computer literate, proficient with Microsoft Office, other relevant software and application.
- Willing to work in long hours, on rest days and at any hours when necessary.
- To be based in Alor Gajah, Melaka.
- To possess own transport and willing to travel